Friday, June 3, 2011

Almost done

I have now put up the smaller details such as the outlet covers and the hardware for the curtains. I found some awesome deals on curtains at Shopko and some beautiful fabric for the living room. I am trying to feel out if I will even do drapery in the dining room. I am also making my own curtains in the kitchen bay window because the color I picked for the walls clashes with the existing drapes. (Sorry Lynnette.)

With all of this done it has become a bit of a downer. The project was fulfilling and worthwhile, but it was so extended out and such a waiting game and the shopping. Oy. I am not a shopper. I hate doing it as a matter of fact. I usually go to the same place every time just to avoid it, but I am trying to be as frugal as possible.

I am also feeling a great deal of pressure from the first block of my classes ending thus creating a realization of lack of time. I have no idea what to write for my second paper and I am behind on one entire book. I will have to buckle down here now that my space has more settled and calming atmosphere. It is fatiguing more often than not to keep focused on what needs to be done. I am so driven and have so much desire, but it is the anticipation of not having to do this EVER AGAIN that makes me just want to cry. However, I just have to believe that there is an end and I can do it.

I promise that when I get a camera and everything set up I will post pictures of the finished product of my house.

1 comment:

Melissa Clark said...

I can't wait to see pictures! And yes, I agree with the feelings of almost there, please end already because we will never have to go through this again! Miss you love!