Thursday, April 23, 2009

Realization

Today I got a call from my travel agency. They wanted me to come and pick up my confirmation papers. All of a sudden, this wave of excitement hit me. I actually started jumping up and down and tackling my Mom (she was not too thrilled about that haha.) It was like someone turned the light on in my brain and said, "you're going to London! Be excited!" There are still issues such as I only have about $300 for spending money. I am worried because it is too late to get any banks to change my money into pounds, and I've heard of three people's Visa cards that didn't work because Visa suspended activity due to the fact it was from a completely different country. My issue is mostly that I have so little money that any loss of any type of form of money is huge. I do plan to take a Visa, my Mastercard Debit, and $100 cash with me, so hopefully it will all work out.

Today our family friend T.J. Smith came to visit. He is checking out Weber State and Utah Valley for potential colleges and is crashing at our house for a night. It is perfect because he has his own private bath and some privacy from the rest of the house. It has been nice to talk to him on a more one on one basis. He might be going out for Weber's football team, but if that doesn't work out, he'll settle for UVU.

I have finally completed my last paper of the semester. It is such a relief. There was a moment where I almost didn't want to make it to the end, but I'm so glad that I did.

Again, as I posted earlier, I am so grateful and blessed. I feel the spirit crashing through my heart right now, leading me towards my goals. I know this is tidings of good things to come.

6 comments:

Danielle Hardy said...

When I left for China I had to let the bank know I was going to be in China, and using my Visa in China. All I had to do was fill out a form, and then they know, and they won't freeze your account! : )

Brianne said...

Settle for UVU. Pley! I will admit I don't have much pride in my school, but I am here! ;_; I am really excited for you to go to Paris! It is going to be so much fun! I love you!

Casandra said...

Yeah, happy days! Good for you, you'll have so much fun! Then you're almost done with school, right? Maybe, one day anyways. You're kind of like me, a perpetual student. I know, it gets old. But it will be worth it in the end. At least that's what I have to keep telling myself.

Erica said...

Well now you have to say hi to TJ for me. Thats not fair I didn't know he was there. I think he should go to UVU simply because the area has more possibilities for young people. YAY ENGLAND!

Melissa Clark said...

I can't believe you are going to London and I can't believe we didn't talk about it the night you were over! Call me and tell me why and how and when and please send me a postcard! Love you!

Indy said...

It is nice to know that the things we have dreamed and planned for for months are finally happening.