Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Moving Forward

It is so hard to face up to criticism from your family and friends. I believe that the life I have is a good one. I am a good person and I have good goals and dreams. I may not have what people would want for me in a relationship, but I love this man. He is my other half. He has my humor, my drive, and my dreams in mind. This is all I ask of him. What I ask of everyone else is to respect my decision and recognize that this last fight has eliminated most of the old issues such as his inability to commit to me. He told me straight up he will marry me when he can support himself instead of relying on me. As stupid as this sounds to some, I respect it. I know marriage is a partnership, but in this situation maybe individual growth needs to happen first. I will leave this argument at that. I love all of you and I hope you can just back me up instead of coming down on me.

No comments: