Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Park City-Spring Break 2009

I just got back from my Spring Break trip to Park City. It was totally random and yet we landed a really sweet deal of $50 per person for a two night stay in a Holiday Inn. There were four of us that went and I shared a bed with my friend Adam. Kellyn and Mark are a couple that came with us. It was an adventure that first night, but that is later.

We got to Park City at about 3:00 PM. We checked into the room and sort of lazed around the room. It was snowing slightly and so it killed any wish we had of going too far, so we hit the local movie theater for our source of entertainment. We watched Slumdog Millionaire (fantastic!!!) and got ice cream. Now, the ice cream is ironic considering it was a literal blizzard outside, but it sounded good and it did not disappoint. haha. Plus, it was Cold Stone, I mean come on! Well, the first night we discovered the pool and hot tub. Upon going in there we found it swarming with a rather large family. It made me remember being those kids with my family and running around like crazy probably annoying the adults that were in there. It was amusing. After wearing ourselves out, we found Wal-mart and decided to go see if there was anything interesting in there. Well, we were shocked to discover that the Wal-mart closed at ten. We discovered this by a Spanish announcement and then an English announcement that they were closing in five minutes. It was bewildering to say the least. Needless to say, we ended up back at the hotel room nearly passing out from fatigue.

Now, for all of you that know me, you know I snore. I warned them and even brought little snore things to go on my nose to help, but alas, in the middle of the night I get slammed with a pillow and realize that I was snoring. It was not very fun and horribly embarrassing, but my companions had a good humor about it for the most part so I let it slid off my shoulders.

That day we all decided to go to downtown Park City. Upon getting there (after getting lost to find Main Street), the wind started to pick up making us all very cold. We went in a few shops and looked around at the super expensive merchandise, but very quickly realized that it was much too cold to walk around. We stopped by Rocky Mountain Chocolates (oh heaven on earth is a chocolate dipped strawberry and a raspberry truffle) and headed back to our area or Park City.

We hit the outlet malls and, again, for all you who know me, I hate shopping. I'm not the kind of girl that can spend hours shopping. I rarely impulse buy clothes or anything like that. This trip, however, was different. We started on one end of the outlet and went into whatever place struck our fancy. My friend Kellyn and I found some adorable shoes at Journey for $40, but didn't buy them straight off. We had previously established that if we find something, we'll go around to the other stores to see what we can find there. Well, further down the line is a Claire's which sells little things like bracelets, necklaces, purses, trinkets. The first thing I see when I walk in the door and look around is a purse that matches the shoes I had seen earlier. When I say match, I mean they were meant to be together. Naturally, the female in me reacted with cooing awe and I bought the purse immediantly. Well, sort of. The Claire's associate had a problem with the register and it took fifteen minutes for us to get out of the store, but it was well worth it.

We hopped into the car to go to the upper part of the outlet mall. Yes, this was a lazy move on our parts, but we had already spent three hours walking and we were tired!! Kellyn's boyfriend Mark found some really nice Nike shoes for $30 and I ran into my cousin Melissa's husband, Brian. I had totally forgot he worked over there and was completely taken aback. It was good to see him.

Kellyn and I decided to go back down to buy the shoes and she wanted some dresses she saw. I bought the shoes and became even more excited when I saw how neatly they went together.

To pamper ourselves, we went to Ruby Tuesday for dinner. Yum! Well, my steak was awesome, but poor Mark got some dry ribs. Also, our waitress took forever getting our check out to us. We went back to the hotel and soaked in the hot tub again.

After a more restful sleep (I think they were all too worn out to notice my snoring), we all got up and cleaned up the room. We were out of the hotel by noon.

We stopped by the Gateway on our way home, but quickly realized that we were all sort of done. After a half effort to find shoes for Kellyn's new dress, we headed back to Ogden.

3 comments:

Indy said...

FUN FUN FUN

music_fanatic said...

oh heavens, that was fun....is it Spring Break again yet?

Erica said...

my sweeet snoring sister (hehe)