Saturday, March 7, 2009

Just getting started.

Everyone told me, "Oh you must do a blog! It is so much fun!." Obviously, I caved to pressure. I probably won't post very often cause my life is not very eventful at the moment, but I figured it was a perfect time to post because I will be doing some pretty exciting things coming up. Thus, I decided that to put it all in one spot where everyone can see it.

In case I did not tell anyone this, I am planning a trip to London in May. I am struggling with a my friend that is going with me. Her parents got all freaked out by the movie Taken, and now won't let her go. Well, I went to a travel agent and found a tour group that we could join. The cost, including trans-atlantic flight, would be about $3000. The travel agent found an awesome deal of a flight ($713) and the cost of the tour will cover all breakfasts and a few dinners. Well I tell my friend and she said that she needs me to hold off until next Thursday to book because she isn't sure about the money available. This is extremely frustrating. That flight cost is the reason I will have $1000 left over for spending money so if the flight jumps back up to $1000 I am out three hundred dollars. Not only that, but the tour could book up quickly in that long of a wait. I'm half tempted to just tell my friend that I am going without her, but I am not going to lie the idea of going to a foreign country alone terrifies me. Not only that, but I'm a social person and I will go nuts seeing all the sights without someone to comment on them with.

I am getting into helping with Erica's wedding. It is strange to think that she will be married in June. I still have issues imaging Brianne being married! Talking about intimate things with my sisters has never really been uncomfortable for me, but it is the whole idea behind it that I now have a brother and will soon have another brother. I forgot both their birthdays already (Sigh). Actually I suck at birthdays in general, but that is a whole new topic. :)

I will be graduated with a bachelors degree in English by December and, cross your fingers, will enter into the teaching program at Weber State by next Spring. My GPA is the main fight, but I'm doing well so far this semester so there is hope. I have chosen to take a class this summer (groan), but that will leave only six more credits for me to take in fall. This will make more time for me to concentrate on those classes.

1 comment:

Casandra said...

I'm so glad you decided to blog!! You better blog often, even if you have nothing going on because I will be checking it frequently :)