Tuesday, September 11, 2012

First Week of Teaching

I have never been so exhausted! Every day I am learning and growing so quickly.  I have a challenging Math group that consumes most of what energy I have and then I have the whole day to go forward and try and be enthusiastic. I am sure the teacher that shares the classroom with me is tied of hearing me mess up on doing things the way this school prefers me to do them, but I am to a point that I am uncertain what to do anymore.  Luckily, I have this wonderful support group in my administrators and my teaching coach.  I also realized that I need to set the law down now as I should have done at the first of the year. I hope that I will be able to put forth the disciplinary actions that are going to be the most helpful. 

That said, I am very exhausted on a physical and mental level.  I drink tons of water and laugh a ton.  My class is great with a few bumps, but we are learning together how to build ourselves to be a great class.  I think I have finally learned that at the beginning of school it is best to be just plain mean the first week or two weeks until  I feel that they can get things down.  I also feel like I have limitations because they support positive things, but there has to be a sense of authority and not just fun in the class for the kids to respond in the appropriate manner when the occasion calls for it.

I will just have to keep trying and hope my tired feeling will go away or ease so I can have energy to go through my day as normal as can be possible..

1 comment:

Casandra said...

You're back! Welcome to the blogging world. I think it's great you got the teaching thing. Keep at it if it's what you really want and you'll be so glad you did in the end.